Wednesday 23 November 2011

christmas cake



this is the start of christmas when you get going with the baking !!!the cakes are in the oven i have gone with delias classic christmas cake and instead of doing round or square with icing i have used loaf tins .............this is how we used to have christmas cake in yorkshire when i was growing up no icing or marzipan so i am going "retro" much better to slice too ...............not that i have done it for a while .

i will be back later when they are cooked !!!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have the bottle of sherry by your side as you do this! (For the cake of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I can almost smell it from here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. send me some, will ya, Linda???? lol I am hungry and that looks a bit yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just made mincemeat dried fruit, cooking apples and spices soaked in brandy.

    I will make a Christmas cake too soon!

    ReplyDelete